[rt-users] small bug in SearchResults-XLS

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Wed Dec 3 04:47:53 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 10:18:19AM +0100, Benjamin Weser wrote:
> Dear list, dear Emmanuel,
> today I used cpan (cpan -i RT::Extension::SearchResults::XLS) to install  
> SearchResults-XLS to one of our RT instances (RT v3.6.6, Apache/2.2.3,  
> Perl v5.8.8 on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10).
> After that I got some error messages (see below my posting).
> Looks like RT::Handle::cmp_version is not known in RT 3.6.6 yet. As  
> small workaround it was sufficient, to comment out the condition in the  
> callback:
> % #if (RT::Handle::cmp_version( '3.8.1', $RT::VERSION ) > 0 ) {
> <a href="<%$RT::WebPath%>/Search/Results.xls<%$QueryString%>">XLS</a>
> % #}

Yep, cmp_version exists only in 3.8.x.

> Maybe you can have a look at this.

Well, latest version was updated to fit 3.8.x without concern about 3.6
:/. For 3.6.x you should use 0.02.

RT::Extension::SearchResults::XLS follow the evolution of Results.tsv
code and so I cannot be sure that it is backward compatible between
major versions.

I promise to add information on RT version dependency in next uploads ;)

More information about the rt-users mailing list