[rt-users] long page load times with many comments, was: is SELECT GET_LOCK normal?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Thu Dec 4 21:06:35 EST 2008

Could you check if ShowMessageStanza from 3.8 repository [1] improves
situation? See also comments below.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Bryan McLellan <btm at loftninjas.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Micah Gersten <micah at onshore.com> wrote:
>> I had this problem about a month ago.  Search the archives for: Apache
>> Session locking taking a while
>> You should see some info on a possible fix.
>
> Thanks, yes. Although, that seems like a hack of some kind. The select
> lock's go away when I changed 3006 to 1 in [1] but the page still
> takes almost 90 seconds to load.
It's certainly a hack that doesn't improve performance in any way.

> Switching from mod_perl to fastcgi didn't affect the load time, nor
MP and FCGI are pretty close in speed.

> did switching mysql from the default my.cnf to huge.cnf. I'm using the
default my.cnf is not an option for any DB based application.

> default mpm-prefork settings but increasing them doesn't appear to
> decrease the load time. I feel like something in the process isn't
> threading enough and causing a bottleneck but I'm unsure as to what's
> left. Will keep digging.

Start from identifying where RT spends more time during the request.

[1] http://svn.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi/bps/view/rt/3.8/trunk/share/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowMessageStanza

--
Best regards, Ruslan.