[rt-users] RT blown away somehow configging apache2?

Robert Munsch Munsch at phillycarshare.org
Fri Dec 5 17:51:28 EST 2008

Something horrible just happened.  I had a functional,
accepting-tickets-from-emails RT going, and went to add a virtual host
for another department's intranet site.

I wasn't doing anything with RT.  I was busy mucking up the apache
config, when I noticed during a restart

Warning: DocumentRoot [/opt/rt3/share/html] does not exist

And thought, what the hell?  Went to look, and somehow everything in
/opt/rt3 except etc/ and local/ was blown away.  Gone.

The files in etc/ and local/ were the defaults, as from a fresh install.
The directories themselves have a timestamp of about an hour ago.

I immediately went very, very carefully through my bash_history.  I see
nothing like the nuke-all rm -rf you'd expect to find in a case like
this.  The entire rt3/ dir being blown away I could understand as a bad,
bad typo: the two new versions of etc/ and local/ with all others being
gone completely mystifies me.

Before I go putting this all back, I'd like to identify what happened if
possible.  I'm not sure where to even start looking.

Rob Munsch

IT Administrator

http://www.PhillyCarShare.org <http://www.PhillyCarShare.org>

Our wheels.  Your freedom.