[rt-users] Issue with RT 3.8.1 and Active Directory authentication

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Dec 11 05:23:45 EST 2008

Bryan McLellan wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Elton S. Fenner
> <elton.fenner at al.rs.gov.br <mailto:elton.fenner at al.rs.gov.br>> wrote:
>
>     I can login but get this message in browser:
>     *Can't call method "as_string" on an undefined value at
>     /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm
>     line 97,  line 514. *
>

> This looks like it's the section of code checking the group.
>

>     *                'group'                     =>  'DSI_Rede_Usu',
>                     'group_attr'                =>  '',*

Either comment both out or use both. If group is set, group_attr MUST be
set or you end up with broken code trying to build an LDAP filter.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com