[rt-users] Upgrade 3.6 -> 3.8; database corruption?

Kevin Murphy murphy at genome.chop.edu
Tue Dec 16 16:41:52 EST 2008

Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> The only database changes in this list are 3.7.3/schema.Pg
> which just increases the size of a variable length field to
> 64k from 255. I do not see how that could have the effect
> that you are observing.

I don't know either, but two updates from 3.6.6  to 3.8.1 resulted in
identical problems - users appearing incorrectly in Owner menus, users
able to see queues they shouldn't.

Happily, upgrading to 3.6.7 worked.  I just went through the exact same
upgrade procedure a third time, but this time from 3.6.6 to 3.6.7 (the
only difference being the manual checking for database upgrade
scripts).  This time the resulting RT instance behaves normally.

Because of my 3.8 lust, I'm willing to spend a couple hours
troubleshooting per the advice of Ruslan and others on the list.

-Kevin Murphy