[rt-users] Configuration pages inaccessable

David Clymer david at hrcsb.org
Fri Dec 19 16:41:30 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 15:51 -0500, David Clymer wrote:
> I've just installed RT 3.8.1 on Debian Etch.
>
> As far as I can tell, it has gone without a hitch up to this point.
> Unfortunately, though I am able to log in to the web interface with the
> default root user and password, I am unable to access any configuration
> pages. I can create tickets, etc, but if I click on the "configuration"
> link (/Admin/) or on the "personal groups" link (/User/Groups/) under
> preferences, I get told that "the page you requested could not be
> found".
>
> My apache log shows no errors (the request returns a HTTP 200 code, like
> everything else). I'm stumped. I've no doubt that it's something silly
> that I'm overlooking, but I just can't see what it might be.
>
> Any guesses?

ARrgh. As suspected, it was something very stupid. For some reason, I
had /opt/rt3/local/html as document root rather
than /opt/rt3/share/html.

-davidc

ps. my signature line seems very appropos at this moment.

--
because light travels faster than sound, some people appear to be
intelligent, until you hear them speak.