[rt-users] RT Log file

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 10:18:07 EST 2008

/var/log/messages are handled by syslog and LogToSyslog. In production
environment you don't want to use LogToFile options. You can
reconfigure syslog to redirect RT logs into separate file.

Look at option LogToSyslogConf in the RT config.

As alternative you can use apache logs instead. Everything that is
logged to screen end ups in apache error log, users of api sure will
see messages on STDERR.

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 3:53 AM, kem cho <kemcho12345 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a weird issue... Running RT (version 3.8.1 on suse 11)
> I am trying to move RT logs to /var/log/rt3/rt.log, but it keeps putting
> entries in /var/log/messages...
> Here is part of my RT_SiteConfig.pm
> #  Mail loops will generate a critical log message.
> Set($LogToSyslog    , 'debug');
> Set($LogToScreen    , 'error');
> Set($LogToFile      , undef);
> Set($LogDir, '/var/log/rt3');
> Set($LogToFileNamed , "rt3.log");    #log to rt.log

Best regards, Ruslan.