[rt-users] A solution found for my RT 3.8.1 slowness

Sean stroke_of_death at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 07:36:02 EST 2008

All,

Just thought I would pass along something that worked for me to solve
some of my RT 3.8.1 slowness.

Everything worked fine for me until I clicked "Tickets" - I had the 10-15 second slowness to load the ticket search page.
I had upgraded from 3.6.4 to 3.8.1 (new install of RT, import database.)

I tried every suggestion I could find on the net, every mysql tweak I could find, and nothing worked.

On a whim, I brought up mysql administrator, clicked the rt3 database, highlighted all the tables, clicked maintanence, then clicked "Optimize tables" - which rebuilds the indexes etc.. And guess what? for once something did what it said it would! optimize! :-)

Now the search page loads just as quickly as every other page. Hope this helps someone.