[rt-users] Performance issues with 3.6.6 upgrade

Rob Ansaldo rlansaldo at amherst.edu
Tue Feb 5 09:24:07 EST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008, at 3:34 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Rob Ansaldo wrote:
>
> > We're testing an upgrade from 3.6.4 to 3.6.6 and have noticed that
> > interactive response time on 3.6.6 is much slower than 3.6.4. Using
> > the exact same hardware, OS, and MySQL db - most screens (ie; at a
> > glance, ticket display) take less than 0.5 seconds when using 3.6.4
> > and 3 or more seconds on 3.6.6.
> >

> I have a sneaking suspicion it's related to bugs in the older 5.0.x
mysql you're running. But what does your slow query log say?

Based on this and the note from Ken Marshall, I upgraded to MySQL
5.0.51a. The speed is a little better (1.5 to 2 sec) as noted by the
"Time to display" at the bottom of the screen, but the actual wall clock
time is still several times that. Initial log in displays a time at the
bottom of 2 seconds maybe, but the actual time for the system to display
anything in the browser is over a minute. If I switch back to 3.6.4,
everything is done a fraction of a second. Slow query log has nothing
except startup messages in it under both 3.6.4 and 3.6.6.