[rt-users] Create a prep action based on custom header

Kevin Squire gentgeen at wikiak.org
Wed Feb 6 11:12:50 EST 2008

I have a webform that submits an email into RT.  I have a scrip that I want
to run ONLY if the email came from the webform.  I currently have the scrip
set up, and all is working - but it works on EVERY email that comes in.  I
would like to add a check so that if the email came from somewhere other
then the web form, then the rest scrip can be by-passed.  With my webform, I
have added an X-header -- "X-Webform: yes"

>From reviewing the archives, It appears as though I can place this check
into the prep code.  From what I found on the list, I have put the following
prep code together.  But since my Perl skills are zero to null I wanted to
run it by the list:

Prep Code:

   my $Trans = $self->TransactionObj;
   my $submitted = $Trans->Attachments->First->GetHeader('X-Webform') =~
/^yes\b/ ;
   # if the X-webform is yes then do magic
   if ( $submitted = yes )
     {
       return 1;
     } else {
      return 0;
     }

So, for the scrip edit page I currently have this:
   Condition: On Create
   Action: User Defined
   Template: Global template:Blank
   Stage: TransactionCreate

   Custom condition: BLANK
   Custom action prep. code: currently it has "return 1;" but I would like
to add the check
   Custom action cleanup code:  "My Magic"

So my questions are:
1) Is my logic right - by adding a "return 1 if or return 0" type statement
to the prep condition will I by-pass the cleanup code?
2) Is my prep code noted above "good" or is my lack of Perl showing through?

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem
your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone then in bad
company.        - George Washington, Rules of Civility