[rt-users] "Could not load a valid user" not send ...

Volker Dierks v.dierks at metaways.de
Thu Feb 7 06:22:19 EST 2008

Hello *,

we've upgraded RT from 3.0.11 to 3.6.6 last weekend and everything
is running fine except this: If a User (e-amil address) is not allowed
to open tickets in specific queues (due to group rights on that queue)
neither the requestor nor $OwnerEmail is informed about that.

RT 3.0.11 sent an e-mail to the requestor and $OwnerEmail with the
Subject: "Could not load a valid user". I searched through to code
and found the stuff doing that in: lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm

In RT 3.6.6 the code is pretty much the same but went into the
function: _NoAuthorizedUserFound. It seems that this function isn't
called at all.

The only place where we are informed about these failed ticket
creations is in the logs:
[Wed Feb  6 14:40:21 2008] [crit]: No permission to create tickets in the queue ...
[Wed Feb  6 14:40:21 2008] [error]: Could not record email: Ticket creation failed: No permission to create tickets in the queue ...

Do you have any suggestions how to make RT 3.6.6 act like 3.0.11?

Greetings from Germany an TIA,
Volker

PS: Thanks to all of you involved into RT development .. it's a great
    peace of software.