[rt-users] RT3.6 Exim Configuration?

Graeme Fowler G.E.Fowler at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Feb 7 17:24:31 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 16:05 -0500, Timothy Boyden wrote:

> I have rt-mailgate configured to retrieve e-mail from our mail server (MS Exchange 2003), but I can't seem to figure out how to configure RT to send mail either direct to our mail server or through Exim which was installed with the Ubuntu version of RT3.6.

In theory, as Exim is a drop-in replacement for Sendmail on systems used
for outgoing mail only (inbound is more complicated), the defaults
should work. In RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set($MailCommand , 'sendmail');
Set($SendmailArguments , "-oi");

...that calls /usr/lib/sendmail (or /usr/sbin/sendmail, I forget which,
but as they're essentially the same thing - Exim - it doesn't matter.

What is the problem you're seeing?

Graeme