[rt-users] Transaction not committed issues

Matt Higgins matt.higgins at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:00:30 EST 2008

I have recently re-installed RT on a new system (rt-3.6.6) I had a previous
install of RT (rt-3.6.2) on another system. I am using the same database but
a fresh RT install. I am getting the following error in my apache log and
can't create anything in RT.

 [crit]: Transaction not committed. Usually indicates a software
fault.Dataloss may have occurred
(/usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:195)

I can browse the interface and login fine.
Searching the web gets my all kinds of things so here is a summation of all
the thinks I have tired and whats installed on my system.

perl  v5.8.5
CentOS 4.5
MySQL-devel-community-5.0.45-0.rhel4
MySQL-shared-compat-5.0.45-0.rhel4
MySQL-client-community-5.0.45-0.rhel4
MySQL-server-community-5.0.45-0.rhel4
Apache/2.0.52
DBI-1.601
DBD-mysql-4.006

So I have tried a number of things. I have recompiled DBI and DBD .. also
moved back to version 4.001 of the DBD-mysql driver. The database is using
innodb tables and the innodb engine is available ? I am not sure what else
to try ? If anyone has anything please help.