[rt-users] Log in Issues.

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Feb 11 15:30:01 EST 2008

Stephen Turner,

	Well, I'm not an Apache guy, but my understanding is that with IE and
Firefox, the "second sign-in" problem could be resolved by adding  the
"transaction" argument to the session parameter for creating a session.
This is what I have:

" > Did you tried adding 'Transaction' argument when creating session?
 > > Patch is attached.

Very cool. It sounds like folks using file-locking are definitely
winning with this. I suspect it got skipped at the time sessions were
implemented because: (From the doc)

 > >        Note that the Transaction argument has no practical effect
on the MySQL
 > >        and Postgres implementations.  The MySQL implementation only
supports
 > >        exclusive locking, and the Postgres implementation uses the
transaction
 > >        features of that database."

	That's all I have. I handed this over to our support personnel and they
took care of it. It's been working since then. There are, however, a few
RT changes that can fix it. Jesse pointed them out after 3.6.4 came out:

"It's almost certainly the case that you have multiple valid DNS domain
names for your RT server. And RT's cookies are tied to a specific
domain.

Something like this:
	http://rt/
	http://rt.mycompany.com/
	http://rt3.mycompany.com/
	http://www.rt.mycompany.com/

If you start at one and RT canonicalizes it to another, you might be
fored to reauth.". Those are also possibilities. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL