[rt-users] CLI change owner ship

Toby Darling darling at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 19 05:05:13 EST 2008

Hi Michael Hess wrote:
> I am looking for a way, that I can search all tickets that have not
>>> been updated in 72 hours, and change the owner on them to nobody from
>>> the CLI.
>>
>> something like:
>>
>> /usr/bin/rt list -i "lastupdated = '4 days ago'" | while read t; do
>>     /usr/bin/rt edit $t set owner=nobody
>> done
>>

> This would work great, but when running it as root (rt's root not the
> linux root user) I get the error
> id: ticket/394
> owner: nobody
> # owner: You can only reassign tickets that you own or that are unowned
> # Ticket 395 updated.
>
> I want to keep people from sitting on tickets.
>
> Any way to force it?

Ah, yes, my testing was done on tickets that I own ... sorry.

Looking at the code, there's a ForceOwnerChange, this is from the
ARGSRef hash, but I can't find a way of setting it using the -S option
to /usr/bin/rt - any one got any ideas?

Cheers
Toby

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, information contained in this
message is confidential. If this message is not intended for you,
please inform postmaster at ccdc.cam.ac.uk and delete the message.
The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre is a company Limited
by Guarantee and a Registered Charity.
Registered in England No. 2155347 Registered Charity No. 800579
Registered office 12 Union Road, Cambridge CB2 1EZ.