[rt-users] Oracle 9 and Build.html performance

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Sun Feb 24 15:57:46 EST 2008

Hello, guys.

I'm reviewing this again after receiving new info from various sources.
1) People say that our function based indexes are incorrect, instead
of LOWER('XXX') we must use LOWER(XXX), where XXX is name of a column.
2) This particular query we build by hand without using our abstract
interface, so it even don't have any calls to LOWER() function.

So you should try:
1) replace all indexes that has LOWER('XXX'), list of indexes we
create by default is in etc/schema.Oracle
2) create index on Groups(Type, Domain, Instance) instead of one I
suggested before and explain query without any LOWER calls.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.