[rt-users] finding out the version of an old copy of RT?

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Mon Feb 25 03:37:48 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:34:01PM +1100, Carl Brewer wrote:

> I have a mysqldump of an old rt3 instance that I need to bring back to
> life, but I don't know what version it was dumped from, and not
> surprisingly a few things don't work - like seeing ticket contents, for
> example!  And updating tickets .. etc.
>
> Is there any reasonably easy way to work out what version of RT the dump
> is from so I can get a rough idea of what upgrade path I need to take to
> make it work?  The RT install I want to make it work with is from NetBSD
> pkgsrc (RT v3.4.6), and the RT instance I have a dump of predates that
> by 'a bit'. The machine the dump came from is long gone so I can't just
> jump on to it for a look.

You can compare sql schema with those provided with different RT release
tarball (in etc directory).

There are major release which can be "easily" identified this way (2.x,
3.0.x, 3.2.x, 3.4.x, 3.6.x) I think.

You can also try to see if the changes in etc/upgrade/*/* are applied to
schema (maybe easier).