[rt-users] New Clean Install RT 3.6.5 -- Incoming Email Failing To Create Ticket

David Tauriainen djtavria at iupui.edu
Mon Feb 25 16:34:15 EST 2008

tmccarthy wrote:
> # cat /usr/bin/test | /usr/sbin/rt-mailgate --debug --queue
> telephony-problem --url http://172.16.2.123/rt3/
> Connecting to http://172.16.2.123/rt3//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at
> /usr/sbin/rt-mailgate line 102, <> line 1.
> not ok - Could not load a valid user at /usr/sbin/rt-mailgate line 111, <>
> line 1.

Try double checking that /usr/bin/test file to make sure it's a
text-file with something like:

To:  rt-foo at mydomain
From:  tmccarthy <mccarthy at cablespeed.com>
Subject:  TEST

Testing 1 2 3 4

I have a _strong_ feeling that /usr/bin/test is a binary.  Type
file /usr/bin/test
to make sure.  It will likely come back with something like
/usr/bin/test: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1...

I had an issue where my From: line in my test file was mistyped, and RT
returned this error when it could not create a user from the From: line
info.  If you're using a binary as your test email, it will be very
likely that your From: line looks _very_ mistyped.  ;)