[rt-users] Is there any disadvantage of "Precedence: bulk" in RT emails header

Asrai khn asraikhn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:48:24 EST 2008

Hi,

Recently we got into problem where spamcop blacklisted our RT mail server IP
(rt using another host for relay emails) then we start using the same host
MTA (postfix) where RT is installed.

Now yahoo is Rate limiting emails from our RT which causing delay in emails.

Now boss is asking to remove/patch RT to do not add "Precedence: bulk" to
header of emails, i wonders does it will do any good? coz as far i can
understand "precendence: bulk" is nice thing

"that some autoreply software uses that header to avoid sending
vacation/out-of-office messages to automated mailers.

Thankfully those some autorepliers should also be smart enough to not
send more than one such message to any specific address, which would
avoid nasty mail loops."

So what you guys thinks about removing the "Precedence: bulk" from RT email
header if yes then how to remove it?

Thanks.
Askar