[rt-users] webform front end to RT, how to get email address?

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Mon Jan 7 11:45:15 EST 2008

The easy way to do this is to have your app spoof the sender of the mail so
that it appears to come from luser at foo.com instead of your app.  That's how
we do it.

The more complicated way is to use a scrip to extract the information from
the body of the e-mail and then create a user and set the owner to that
user.  Here's how you can get the user e-mail from the body of the e-mail,
but I've never tried creating an RT user via a scrip.  As always, this
might need a little tweaking.

### Extract fields from e-mail
my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj;
my $CurrentUser = $Transaction->CurrentUser;
my $Content = $Transaction->Content;
my $UserFlag = "Sender email: "
my ($Orig) = $Content =~ /$UserFlag(.*)\n/s;
chomp $Orig;
### $Orig should have the e-mail address from the e-mail body now

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC