[rt-users] What criteria do you use when deciding the number of instances of RT?

Roy El-Hames rfh at pipex.net
Thu Jan 10 06:31:31 EST 2008

Hi;

We use one instance for 40 or so departments across 5 different sites in
2 countries ..based on queue/s per department
Worked well for the past 4 years.
With the right permissions , the look and feel as if it were different
instances.with the added bonus tickets can be shipped between different
queues and the maintenance is simpler.
Creating new queues, queue cf's, watchers and users are managed by the
sysadmins in the different sites, scrips are created and managed
centrally by me and my team.

Regards;
Roy