[rt-users] assigning ticket to another owner

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 10 16:29:56 EST 2008

Tom,

	It really depends on what rights you have given the group. The
following is what I do:

	Configuration->Global->Group Rights:
	  System Groups; Everyone - None
	                 Privileged -   CreateSavedSearch
	                                EditSavedSearch
	                                LoadSavedSearch
	                                ModifySelf
	                                ShowSavedSearch
	                 Unprivileged - None
	  Roles;         Owners -       ModifyTicket
	                 Requestors -   ReplyToTicket
	                                SeeQueue
	                                ShowTicket
	                 CC -           ReplyToTicket
	                                SeeQueue
	                                ShowTicket
	                                Watch
	                 AdminCc -      AdminGroupMembership
	                                AssignCustomFields
	                                DelegateRights
	                                ModifyOwnMembership
	                                SeeGroup
	                                ShowConfigTab
	                                ShowScrips
	                                ShowTemplate
	                                WatchAsAdminCc

	Configuration->Queues->(select queue)->Group Rights:
	  System Groups; Everyone -     None
	                 Privileged -   CreateTicket
			 	        ReplyToTicket
				        SeeQueue
	                 Unprivileged - None
	  Roles;         Owner -        None
	                 Requestor -    ShowOutgoingEmail
	                 CC -           None
	                 AdminCc -      DeleteTicket
	                                ModifyACL
	                                ModifyQueueWatchers
	                                ModifyScrips
	                                ModifyTemplate
	                                ModifyTicket
	                                ShowACL
	                                ShowScrips
	                                ShowTemplate
	                                StealTicket

	  User Defined Groups;
	                support group - CommentOnTicket
	                                OwnTicket
	                                ReplyToTicket
	                                ShowOutgoingEmail
	                                ShowTicketComments
	                                TakeTicket
	                                Watch

	What this does is allow any privileged user in the system to create a
ticket in my queue (ShowTicket,SeeQueue) and reply to any correspondence
for that ticket. It allows anyone in my technical support group to Own a
ticket (OwnTicket,TakeTicket), comment on any ticket in the queue but
only modify tickets they own (global right). The AdminCc (me) is also a
member of the support group so I can do anything that group can do PLUS,
only I can Steal a ticket and see the COnfig tab so I can manage the queue.
	Obviously, everyone manages their RT differently, but this is how we
manage tickets. Minimum rights to the users (the ones asking for tech
support), modify (especially comments) rights for tech support users,
and almost everything else (except superuser which is reserved for the
SYSTEM ADmin) for a queue Admin user. I hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL