[rt-users] non-root users not seeing custom attribute fields in new ticket form or mody ticket form

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri Jan 25 20:17:34 EST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 2:31 AM, Tom H <tom at limepepper.co.uk> wrote:
> Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> > Tom,
> >

> >     If I understand your question, you are wondering why a particular
> > Custom Field is not visable when creating a ticket, even if the user is
> > root. The answer is related to how RT links Custom Fields to a ticket.
>
> Ah, no - the root user can see and enter a value for the custom
> attribute, its the other users that cannot.
>
> > The user or user privileges "SeeCustomField", "ModifyCustomField", and
> > "AdminCustomField" refer to what a user can do to a Custom Field IF )and
> > IF is the pertinate word here) the Custom Field has been applied to a
> > queue. In other words, the User rights (for a CF) don't mean anything
> > unless the Custom Field has already been applied to the tickets in a
>
> So I guess I am looking to find out what privilege I need to give the
> other users to see the custom attribute...
"SeeCustomField", "ModifyCustomField" if you're talking about custom
fields. Please, don't use term "attribute" as there is really another
thing exists that's called attributes in RT. It's a little bit hidden
from users, but extensions and developers of those know about them and
it can be a little bit confusing.

> Cheers,
>

> Tom

Best regards, Ruslan.