[rt-users] RTFM Permissions Question

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jan 28 11:21:45 EST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008, at 1:37 AM, Steve Cochran wrote:

> THe only problem I'm having is trying to delegate the maintenance of
> Topics in RTFM. I have a group that can see the class in RTFM, and
> have another supervisors class that I've given the adminTopics
> permission to for that class as well.
>
> Problem is that they don't see the "Configuration" tab in RT to be
> able to get to the Topic editing screen. What right will give them the
> Config tab without giving them access to anything else such as queue
> setup, etc?

The RTFM->Configuration tab will show up if you grant
ShowConfigTab, unfortunately that will also grant
the top level Configuration tab.  Users will be able to click
around under that but not change things.

You may actually just want to modify the
html/RTFM/Elements/Tabs file to not have a restriction
on ShowConfigTab or use the Callback mechanism to
add the tab back in.

-kevin