[rt-users] Automatic merging of Tickets with Scrips

Rode, Philipp Philipp.Rode at dimdi.de
Thu Jul 3 06:26:43 EDT 2008

Hi there,

in our company we are running  2 RTs. These 2 RTs are corresponding with
each other. For example, when someone creates a new ticket on RT2 in the
"RT1 queue", this ticket will be sent to RT1 where another ticket is
created. When answering to this ticket on RT1, the answer is also sent
to RT2, which recognizes the ticket ID correctly (because the subject is
something like "[RT1 #321] [RT2 #123] ...").

The problem is that this doesn't work the other way around. Answers on
RT2 are send to RT1, but because the email doesn't contain RT1's Ticket
ID (the subject is just "[RT2 #123] ...") this creates a new ticket on
RT1.

What I want to do is check new tickets on RT1 for RT2's "ticket ID tag"
([RT2 #123]) in the subject, find the already existing ticket on RT1 and
merge the two tickets. I already know how to find the ticket but I
haven't been able to find out how to merge them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Phil