[rt-users] Right could not be revoked

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 7 13:31:33 EDT 2008

Marvin,

	I suggest that before we start playing with rights among ID's let's see
what is set up at the source. When I have questions like this, I go into
the DataBase to see what data is actually in the tables. That is what RT
is responding to. So, if you're willing, go into your DataBase and look
at the USERS Table (Select * from USERS;). right click and sort
ascending the result by NAME. Find your name. Notice the ID. Now go into
the GROUPS table (Select * from GROUPS where DOMAIN like 'ACLEquiv*';)
and notice the ID for the ACL equivilent of YOUR ID. That is the group
ID that your system rights should be under. Now look at the ACL Table
(Select * from ACL where OBJECTTYPE like 'RT::System';). Right click and
sort ascending the PRINCIPALID field. Find your 'ACLEquiv" ID and THAT
will show your rights at the RT::Systems level. IF that right is NOT
'SuperUser', then that explains why you cannot do anything about those
rights in terms of granting or revoking. Now right click and 'sort
ascending' by 'RIGHTNAME'. This will list all those IDs that DO have
superuser together and you can see who DOES have that right. Let me know
what you find and then we can decide the best direction to go. Hope this
helps.

Kenn
LBNL