[rt-users] Help with CLI

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 10 17:09:43 EDT 2008

Torsten,

	Hope I got your name right. I have thousands of tickets I need to
convert from one system to RT. I have developed my DataMap. I'm planning
on running an SQL against the old system DB and then within that SQL,
for every record read, create a new RT ticket using CLI. So, the first
thing I wanted to do was try out the commands to get an understanding of
how they worked, etc. I brought RT up in my Dev environment and then
signed in UNIX on that server and tried out a CLI command and it
responded with

bash-2.03$ pwd
/apps/rt
bash-2.03$ rt list "status='new'";
bash: rt: command not found

	So, I'm trying to figure out why it won't recognise my command. Not
EVER having done this before, I'm currently looking at $RTHOME/bin/ and
in the "rt" file I read some stuff about configuration being "hardwired
default" and such. I'm really foggy on all of that. Can I assume
(horrible word) that I have to modify file "rt" in $RTHOME/bin with a
bunch of session settings or something? Any and ALL help at this point
is GREATLY appreciated.

Kenn
LBNL