[rt-users] Send AdminCc notify email from inside custom action?

Dan Lowe dml9744 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 11:12:15 EDT 2008

I have been looking to implement automatic Cc adds for new users copied into
threads, taking the code here and adapting it:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AddWatchersOnCorrespond#

I have created 2 custom scrips based on that, one that triggers on Create
and another on Correspond. (I am not using $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs
because I only want this on specific queues).

The add-Cc's function is working perfectly. However, we like to generate an
email notify whenever we have made a change to a ticket's state. I am trying
to find a way to generate an AdminCc notification that one or more Cc's were
added to the ticket, and I would assume that needs to happen within the
custom action cleanup code, after the Cc-add processing has been finished.

I've looked around on the wiki, Google, and looked through O'Reilly's "RT
Essentials" book on Safari Online, but I can't see a way to make this
happen. I've tried getting the AdminCc list with code similar to this:

$adminccs = $self->TicketObj->AdminCcAddresses;

But I get a blank return using that. I've also tried using RT::User->new and
grabbing data from the returned object, but I get Perl errors about the
method not being implemented (even if I "use RT::User").

All I really need is either a way to get the admincc list, and then a way to
send an email, or a packaged-up method that knows how to get the admincc
list itself, that I can pass a message text to. Does such an animal exist?

Thanks in advance for any help. I feel like I'm beating my head against a
wall at this point.

Dan