[rt-users] 2 questions about RT 3.8

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue Jul 22 04:14:50 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 08:27:46AM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> > maybe I customized something and didn't re-add it in) used to search
> > the
> > line?
> >
> >> In 3.8, the search feature appears to search Subject and Owner of
> >> Open
> > tickets.
> >
> > Verified that as well.  I'd like to be able search requestors and all
> > tickets, not just open tickets.  Perhaps this is just a bug.

The only changes made between 3.6 and 3.8 on Googleish.pm is to restrict
on ActiveStatuses if no status is given, to match the 3.4 behaviour, cf.
rt.fsck.com: #9645.

So as example, to search for resolved tickets with owner 'foo', enter
the string "foo resolved".

The current logic parses each search words and build the search using
the following order logic:

- id ticket if it's a number and a ticket id matches
- fulltext if it starts with fulltext:
- requestor if it contains @
- status if a status matches the word
- queue if a queue matches the word
- owner if an owner matches the word
- else, subject

On a day to day usage, when you know this rules, it looks pretty
powerfull to me :)