[rt-users] Schema issues upgrading from rt 3.6.5 to 3.8.0

Chris Crow chrisc.email at abshernw.com
Tue Jul 22 12:16:43 EDT 2008

I'm having some errors when I attempt to update my RT database schema on
my RT server. My RT server was running 8.04 with rt3.6* packages
provided by the ubuntu community.

I have since removed the rt3.6 binaries, but left the database and
configurations in place, and followed the upgrade procedures in the
documentation.

However, I am getting an error when I try to update the schema using
this command:

/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action schema --datadir
etc/upgrade/3.7.1/ --dba root
Working with:
Type:    mysql
Host:    localhost
Name:    rtdb
User:    rtuser
DBA:    root
Now populating database schema.
Couldn't finish 'schema' step.

ERROR: Couldn't find schema file(s) '*'

So I tried changing it to:
/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action schema --datafile
etc/upgrade/3.7.1/content --dba root

Working with:
Type:    mysql
Host:    localhost
Name:    rtdb
User:    rtuser
DBA:    root
Now populating database schema.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near '@ScripConditions = (
    {  Name                 => 'On Close',                 ' at line 1
at /opt/rt3/sbin/../lib/RT/Handle.pm line 463.

Mysql version is: mysqld  Ver 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.1 for debian-linux-gnu on
i486 ((Ubuntu))

Any help would be greatly appreciated.