[rt-users] What's new with RT 3.8

Aaron D. Ball adb at broad.mit.edu
Fri Jun 6 15:22:26 EDT 2008

As Stephen said:  the UI is a significant improvement aesthetically.

A few suggestions:

* Text size shouldn't vary between columns with similar contents.
Actually, this seems to be a bug:  the id column in "10 highest priority
tickets I own" is actually showing Status.

* There is some optical vibration (see Tufte) between alternating lines
in the tables.  Please consider reducing the contrast between the
background colors or removing the grid lines.

* Links are currently indicated with bold text, which does not work well
when densely packed.  Maybe just color them blue?

* The reminders need some additional visual sugar to look like
structured information rather than stray text, but I can't immediately
tell you what.

Thanks for all your hard work on RT, and I'm looking forward to the next
release.

--Aaron.