[rt-users] Block new ticket creation from Email

Carlos Silva cmsilva at mobicomp.com
Fri Jun 6 15:54:24 EDT 2008

I had the same requirements as you do, and after some tries I ended up
finding a solution that isn't perfect but at least works for me.
Just put an invalid queue in the rt-mailgate argument, and RT will still
match the correct ticket by the subject if it receives a ticket reply,
but if it tries to create a ticket it will fail. There's two problems
with this :

After the failed attempt to create a ticket the email stays in the
inbox. I just clean up the email account once in a while.
It also might fill up your logs with a lot of failed ticket creation
messages.