[rt-users] Migraton from 3.4 to 3.8?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Tue Jun 10 07:26:17 EDT 2008

Richard Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to check that a migration from 3.4 to 3.8 is going
> to be supported, i.e. that if there is a need for database conversion,
> the tools are provided by upstream.

Database?
And, as pointed out, unless the DB spans a rack full of storage, try it
on a copy.
I did a migration from 3.4 to 3.6.x and PostgreSQL almost bit me
(because of unicode characters in the DB that later releases of
PostgreSQL wouldn't accept anymore).
Moving from FreeBSD5.4 to 6.2, advancing two PostgreSQL releases (8.0 to
8.2) and one RT3 release also resulted in a noticeable speed-increase.
On the same hardware.
Will look to try out 3.8 soon.

cheers,
Rainer