[rt-users] RT 3.8.0 BETA 3 now available

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 10 11:43:14 EDT 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 3:54 AM, Brian Gallew wrote:

> Jesse Vincent wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce the third beta release of RT 3.8.0.  In the
>> month since beta 2, we've resolved hundreds of tickets (some over 5
>> years old) and averaged over 10 commits per day.  We're really,
>> really
>> hoping to release RT 3.8.0rc1 this Friday but can't do it without
>> your
>> help. Please test out beta 3 and report issues you run into.
>
> First nit: "make upgrade" fails, because rt-server doesn't already
> exist
> in the old installation.  Copying it in by hand makes it all better,
> of
> course.

We'll have a look.

> Second issue: IPC::Run::SafeHandles is missed in the dependencies if
> GraphViz is enabled.

I see it in rt-test-dependencies.. It should be installed
automatically. Do you still have the output from your installation?

> Third issue (probably not widespread): if you use an external
> authentication mechanism like PubCookie, GraphViz images don't show in
> Safari (Firefox does the right thing) because when Safari load the
> "image", it really gets an HTML page re-directing it to the auth
> server,
> which will eventually send it back to the original location with an
> improved cookie, which will then load the image.  It's sad, really.  I
> blame Safari.

That sure sounds "wrong" (also, you shouldn't be responding to a
request for a .png with an HTML page, but a 30x redirect. That may
make it better)

>> I'm particularly interested in those of you using Internet
>> Explorer.  I
>> just lost a perfectly good evening to IE's quirks and completely
>> redoing
>> RT 3.8's IE compatibility layer. Did my evening of pain have any
>> sort of
>> positive impact?
>
> With MSIE 6.0.2900.blahblahblah there is some minor, but annoying
> overlap of all the panes containing tickets on the RT at a Glance
> page.
>
> The ticket view is *great* except for an overlap in Comments where the
> first word of the comment overlaps the dark blue box with the #.

Can I get screenshots of these? I'll try to get an IE6 up and running,
but most of my world has been force-upgraded to IE7.