[rt-users] Showing Custom Field in Queue view

Bart Reynaerts Bart.Reynaerts at intellect.be
Wed Jun 11 07:39:45 EDT 2008

RT 3.6.1

Additional statuses are created in RT_config.pm
at the section:

@ActiveStatus = qw(new open testing stalled) unless @ActiveStatus;
@InactiveStatus = qw(resolved closed rejected deleted) unless
@InactiveStatus;

- testing and closed are the additional statuses

To make them appear in the web interface check out the files:
"path_to_RT/html/Elements/" Quicksearch and QueueSummary

When looking inside you'll see the sections concerning the ticket
status.

Quicksearch:

<& /Elements/QueueSummary,
    cache => 'quick_search_queues',
    queue_filter => sub { $_->CurrentUserHasRight('ShowTicket') &&
!exists $unwanted->{$_->Name} },
    conditions => [ {cond => "Status = 'new'", name => loc ('new') },
    {cond => "Status = 'open'", name => loc ('open') },
    {cond => "Status = 'stalled'", name => loc ('stalled') },
    {cond => "Status = 'testing'", name => loc ('testing') }] &>
</&>

QueueSummary:

    % my $i;
    % for my $queue (@queues) {
    % $i++;
    % my $queue_cond = "Queue = '$queue->{Name}' AND ";
    % my $all_q = $queue_cond . "(Status = 'open' OR Status = 'new' OR
Status = 'stalled' OR Status = 'testing')";
title="<% $queue->{Description} %>"><%$queue->{Name}%></a></td>

The part with testing is an additional status to display

Now you have to change RT at a glance.
    - Login as RT administrator.
    - At the right of the bar just below "RT at a glance" is a link
"Edit".
    - Click on it. A new screen appears.
    - Click now on "Current search" at the left just below "RT at a
glance".
    - You arrive at "Customize Current Search".
    - Click on: You can also edit the predefined search itself: Search -
Current search.
    - You will see now the Query Builder. Add the status to the query
and save it at "RT System's saved searches".
       It is possible you need to try out this. I had problems getting
it right but suddenly it worked.

Changing the "10 highest priority tickets I own" and "10 newest unowned
tickets" views is similar to the way described here above.

To activate the made changes restart the apache server.
(/etc/init.d/apache2 restart) (Might not be necessary)

These changes are for all queues.

For the closed status no additional changes are made since changing a
ticket to this status will make it invisible anyway.
This status is used with custom scrips to send mail.
In the example below a Global approach is used.

Create first a Global Template:
    - Name: StatusChangedToClosed
    - Content:
        RT-Attach-Message: yes

        The status of this ticked has changed to closed.
        Meaning no more action will be taken on this ticket.

        This ticket won't be visible anymore.

        {$RT::WebURL}Ticket/Display.html?id={$Ticket->id}

Create then the Global scrip:
    - Condition: User Defined
    - Action: User Defined
    - Template: Global template: StatusChangedToClosed
    - Custom condition: return(0) unless (
lc($self->TransactionObj->NewValue) eq "closed" );
    - Custom action preparation code:
        # Now magically turn myself into a Requestor Notify object...
        require RT::Action::Notify; bless($self, 'RT::Action::Notify');
        $self->{Argument} = 'Owner, Requestor, Cc, AdminCc';
        $self->Prepare;
        return 1;
    - Custom action cleanup code: "never needed"

To make them active restart the Apache server (/etc/init.d/apache2
restart) (Might not be necessary)

To compile this mini "How to" several Internet sources have been
consulted,
Emmanuel Lacour pointed me in the direction of changing "RT at a glance"
and others, which I should mention but I can't retrieve them anymore.

Thank's to everyone and good luck.