[rt-users] How to convert an existing RT from Postgres to MySQL?

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Tue Jun 17 02:21:51 EDT 2008

Todd Chapman wrote:
> Someone wants me to convert their Postgres backed RT to MySQL. Doesn't
> matter why, they want it. :)
>
> Here's what I am thinking.
>
> 1. Shut down the web server.
> 2. Dump the DB data.
> 3. Reconfigure RT for MySQL.
> 4. Run initdb
> 5. Load the data.
> 6. Restart the RT/web server.

You're probably in trouble between points 4 and 5 since initdb does
create not only the db objects but also loads data which will be in the
dataset that comes from postgres, if you're lucky the inital data will
be the same but I wouldn't bet on it. You could truncate the tables and
reset the sequences but it might be easier to modify initdb to only
create but not load the data.

Joop