[rt-users] RT

Jason Fenner jfenner at vitamix.com
Tue Jun 17 09:30:05 EDT 2008

B K wrote:
> How does RT manage user logon.  We run an Active Directory environment
> and looking at implementing RT.
>
> We do not want to replicate our users in linux for them to be able to
> login to RT to log jobs and check progress.
>
> How does RT manage users from AD and does anyone have a very good URL
> for a good setup in this environment ?
>
> Thank you
I use mod_auth_kerb to do single sign on using Kerberos against Active
Directory for our Windows users.
This module allows me to pass there username to $WebExternalAuth

I then use the LDAP integration overlay, to create local RT users that
match users found in Active Directory.
This wiki article contains all the links and information you need to set
up this integration and get it working perfectly.

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/LdapSiteConfigSettingsForActiveDirectory

Believe it or not, I have our RT service more integrated with Active
Directory then many other MS products are that we use.
The key is to remember that AD is nothing more then Kerberos and LDAP.

Happy Reading.