[rt-users] From address all screwy

Mathew Snyder mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:14:48 EDT 2008

I just moved our RT instance to a new server.  It works as it should
with one exception.  It no longer sends email "from" the queue.
Instead, it is shown as coming from the apache user (wwwrun on
openSUSE).  To be more specific, the Sender is listed as the apache user
but the From header is the person that sent the email.

"WWW daemon apache [wwwrun at company.com]; on behalf of; User Name via RT
[is at company.com]"

I'm using an identical Postfix config file and simply copied the
database over from the old server.  I've found this to be the case in
both Outlook and Thunderbird.  Also, I did some searching and the only
thing I could find that might fix the problem is setting up a trusted
user.  The problem with that is Postfix doesn't use trusted users.

Any thoughts on what I should be doing to fix this?

Mathew
--
Keep up with my goings on at
http://theillien.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default.