[rt-users] Tickets for multiple groups

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 18 16:25:35 EDT 2008

Chuck,

	We have over 100 technical support queues. Many of them part of the
same overall support group, but a different software application. We
offer to the users of each application the email address for only the
queue they would send a request to for 'that' application. Some "groups"
have a central queue where requests for several software applications go
  and there they are evaluated, approved, prioritized before being moved
to the specific queue that supports that specific software. We control
all that by using very few global privileges (just those that we want to
apply to roles, like requestors, regardless of queue) putting most of
the restrictions on the queue level and we allow NO privileges to
individual users (except 2 superusers, who act as System Admins). All
users are in specific groups and those groups are limited in access to
queues by the privileges at that queue level. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL