[rt-users] rt-3.8.0rc testing on same pc running rt-3.6

Brian Gallew geek+rt at cmu.edu
Tue Jun 24 03:42:51 EDT 2008

gordon at cryologic.com wrote:
> I was wondering if I can install a test instance of rt-3.8.0rcX on the
> same computer running our production rt-3.6.3?

Sure, but it's non-trivial.  You'll need another database repository and
appropriate setups with your web server.  Really, the only painful issue
is the mail gateway.  Well, and if you want to simultaneously change
Perl versions while using mod_perl, you're better off making a different
choice.

Personally, I would use a virtual machine.