[rt-users] Resolve Ticket Option

Justin Hayes justin.hayes at orbisuk.com
Wed Jun 25 05:08:09 EDT 2008

Hi Ben,

Thanks for that suggestion - had forgotten you can scrip based on the
change to a custom field. However can you grant permissions to
specific custom fields? I have others and don't want the customer to
be able to change those.

I had been thinking somewhere along the lines of altering the
SetStatus fucntion in Ticket_Overlay.pm

It currently does this:

     #Check ACL
     if ( $args{Status} eq 'deleted') {
             unless ($self->CurrentUserHasRight('DeleteTicket')) {
             return ( 0, $self->loc('Permission Denied') );
        }
     } else {
             unless ($self->CurrentUserHasRight('ModifyTicket')) {
             return ( 0, $self->loc('Permission Denied') );
        }
     }

I was thinking about trying:

     #Check ACL
     if ( $args{Status} eq 'deleted') {
             unless ($self->CurrentUserHasRight('DeleteTicket')) {
             return ( 0, $self->loc('Permission Denied') );
     } elsif ( $args{Status} eq 'resolved') {
	    # do nothing as we don't mind people resolving
     } else {
             unless ($self->CurrentUserHasRight('ModifyTicket')) {
             return ( 0, $self->loc('Permission Denied') );
        }
     }

I figured that would be ok as you'd have to have the permission to see
the ticket in the first place.

Your method might be safer though, as you can permission it.

Justin

Justin Hayes
Support Manager
justin.hayes at orbisuk.com