[rt-users] Cookie cutter scrip to suppress auto-reply for one address?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 16:12:38 EST 2008

I'm using RT3.4.5 (upgrading soon!), and have these aliases for one of
my queues:

support: "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support --action
correspond --url http://rt.myserver.com"

support-comment: "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support
--action comment --url http://rt.myserver.com"

I now want to setup this alias:

support-noreply: support

so that email sent to support-noreply creates a ticket, but doesn't
send the requestor an auto-reply.

Is there a cookie cutter scrip that will do this? Do I need to tweak
the global autoreply scrip? Can I use squelchEmail() cleverly here? Is
there an undocumented option to rt-mailgate that might help?

I did notice that "support-noreply at myserver.com" ends up as a cc on
the ticket (probably because RT doesn't recognize it as the same
address as "support at myserver.com") -- can I use this somehow? ("if
($self->TicketObj->??? =~/noreply/i)" or something?).