[rt-users] Send Notify except if Owner Nobody?

Jean-Sebastien Morisset jsmoriss at mvlan.net
Tue Mar 4 10:12:59 EST 2008

Benjamin,

That was great - thanks!

Here's what I ended up using:

Condition: User Defined
Action:	Send Email
Template: Added to Queue Email
Stage: TransactionCreate
Custom condition: return ( $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create" &&
    $self->TicketObj->Owner == $RT::Nobody->Id );

I also did the same thing with my 'Auto Reply' scrip, figuring that if
you choose an Owner for your new ticket, then you're using the interface
and don't need the 'Auto Reply' e-mail. :-)

Thanks!
js.

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 05:13:43PM +0100, Benjamin Weser wrote:
> Hi Jean-Sebastien,
>
> I'd use two scrips in your case.
> 1)
> Decription: Notify Group On New Unowned Ticket
> Condition: UserDefined
> Action: NotifyGroup using this Extension:
> http://search.cpan.org/~ruz/RT-Action-NotifyGroup/
> Template: Notify Group On New Ticket
>
> Custom Condition:
> unless(  $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Status"
>      && $self->TransactionObj->Field eq "new" )
> {
>   return 0;
> }
> return 1;
>

> 2)
> Condition: On Create
> Action: Notify Owner
> Template: Notify Owner
>
> Keep in mind that no mails are sent if owner is Nobody so scrip #2 will
> only work if there's really an owner. But you may want to extend the
> first condition to look if the owner is Nobody. Otherwise the group will
> be informed in each case. But I'm too lazy to look for that code now
> too. Check the wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/HomePage and
> the list at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/ too, they will
> become your best friends while using RT. ;)
[snip!]

--
Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator <jsmoriss at mvlan.net>