[rt-users] Mandatory/Required custom field

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Mar 6 05:16:11 EST 2008

Torsten Brumm wrote:
> Hi Kenneth,
>
> thats true, i forgot i added someting from the wiki, the ability to
> change the cf's during each reply, comment. Without this, a user
> wouldn't touch the cf during this, thats correct.
>
> OK, so last open issue should be the resolve part, here rt must check if
> the field is set or not.

The situation with this is a little confusing, but I still have
unexplainable behaviour with custom field mandating.

Privileged users are not allowed to create a ticket via the web ui
without specifying a value for the mandatory ticket custom fields.

UNprivileged users ARE allowed to create a ticket without
selecting/specifying a value!

I have no idea why!

Any ideas?

I would help by showing my rights matrix, but I cant get RT-RightsMatrix
installed and I can't get any help installing it :/

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com