[rt-users] SOT: high performance web cache for RT

Matthew Seaman matthew.seaman at thebunker.net
Thu Mar 6 07:37:54 EST 2008

Sven Sternberger wrote:
> I found a very interesting software project, which
> boost my RT test instance.
>
> http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/
>
> due to the nature of cache systems it is not working with https
> traffic, but nevertheless It could be helpful for a lot
> of environments. And I will try a combined solution
> with pound and varnish, may this will work.

We use exactly this with RT.  In order to get HTTPS capability we are
using pound to do the SSL decryption stuff -- works a treat.

Alternatively you could use stunnel as a replacement for pound, but we
haven't actually tried that.

varnish is highly recommended.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew Seaman                        The Bunker, Ash Radar Station
PGP: 0x60AE908C on servers               Marshborough Rd