[rt-users] Custom Display of item in ticket for certain group??

Joe Casadonte joe.casadonte at oracle.com
Thu Mar 13 13:05:59 EDT 2008

On 3/13/2008 12:20 PM, Greg Evans wrote:

> Not even a clue where I might begin on this. Maybe a scrip that if the user
> is in Group "B" then change the password to ****'s?  Not sure, so I thought
> I would ask.

Actually, you're pretty close.

1) add a new Group right for people that will see the password (e.g.
SeePassword) -- see the top of MoreAboutPrivilegedUsers on the wiki for
how to do this

2) give this new right to the group that needs it

3) Wherever it is that you added the code to print the password, add a
new if block:

Email Address: username at mydomain.com
%my($displayedPassword) = "***";
%if ( $Ticket->CurrentUserHasRight('SeePassword') ) {
%   $displayedPassword = WhateverYouSetItToNow;
%}
Email Password: <% $displayedPassword %>

See CleanlyCustomizeRT for more info.

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
joe.casadonte at oracle.com

== The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not ==
== necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.               ==