[rt-users] How to deal with people reopening old tickets

King, Aubrey aking at currentgroup.com
Thu Mar 13 17:47:53 EDT 2008

Number one is always a headache.

Number 2 could be resolved w/ a procmail recipe or such.  If you don't
use the rt cli tools, you should.  I say this because you could config
procmail to check the date on a case before it hits the mailgate.  If
date is too old (3 months?), then it mails the person back telling them
how to open a new ticket.  We had 'proxy' accounts set up on my old rt2
box at the last job specifically for this sort of thing.  You could set
up as many of these 'proxy' accounts as needed.  Another thing that
might help is that Joe Average might not want another password to
another ticketing system (that was the case at my old job), so we dumbed
the whole process down by making webform frontends for all of our
queues.  Webform dumps to mail and voila.