[rt-users] Scrip question and how to debug?

John Arends jarends at uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 14 14:25:14 EDT 2008

I have a scrip that should be adding the owner as an AdminCC on ticket
create. It works fine. However, if a ticket is created with no owner
set, it sets an AdminCC as Nobody, which is annoying.

I threw an if statement in there to try to handle it, but I am doing
something wrong.

  my $admincclist = $self->TicketObj->AdminCc;

  my $Owner = $self->TicketObj->OwnerObj;

if ( $Owner ne "Nobody"){
  $admincclist->AddMember($Owner->Id);
}

$Owner must not really be the string nobody, because Nobody is still
being added as an AdminCC. Any suggestions on what I should be looking
for instead?

Second, is there a good way to debug scrips? I feel like I'm just
feeling around in the dark and don't know how to tell if they're really
working, or what the contents of variables are, etc. If I was writing
straight perl code I could have it print the content of $Owner so I
could see what was in there.