[rt-users] RT 3.6.6 / LDAP (AD) set up

bkmail08 bkmail08 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 13:31:43 EDT 2008

Hello,

Does anyone know if a solution was posted to this specific thread (see below).   If so could you please send me the link?  I've googled and the same references keep popping up, but none of them seem to have the solution posted.  I am working with RHEL5 server and W2003 AD; ldapsearch with -x gives me back correct info.  If you have read this thread (below) before, I basically did everything this guy did and pretty much have the same issues.

My errors in the logs are sparse:

[Sun Mar 16 02:15:34 2008] [warning]: Transaction->Create couldn't, as you didn't specify an object type and id (/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RT/Record.pm:1486)
[Sun Mar 16 02:15:34 2008] [error]: FAILED LOGIN for render from 172.29.9.3 (/usr/share/rt3/html/autohandler:251)

thanks in advance
-J.

RE: RT 3.6.5 Setup / LDAP [In reply to] Hello,

With the precious help of some members of the mailing list, first and
foremost Edward Kovarski, we managed to get our RT 3.6.5 to run properly
on our RHEL5 server along with LDAP authentication with a Windows 2003
ActiveDirectory.

I'll try to post here and/or on the wiki pages a kind of "RT3.6.5 & LDAP
for the Dummies" (as I consider myself a RT Dummy) to sum up all the
problems I faced and how those were sovled (most of the needed info is
there in the mailing list, on the internet, in the forums and in the
Wiki but some bits and direction where missing hence the troubles for a
newby).

I hope this way to contribute rather than be a simple "consumer".

If anybody is facing similar problems with a similar config, I'll gladly
try to give a hand as some of us kindly did for me.

yours,

David

Commercial support: sales[at]bestpractical.com