[rt-users] SOT: high performance web cache for RT

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Mar 19 13:24:13 EDT 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Joe Casadonte wrote:
> Following up on a thread from a couple of weeks ago.  I'm curious as
> how something like Varnish can help with what is, essentially,
> dynamically-generated content?

It won't, unless you have a public view that gives the same view to
every "anonymous" user.  And then it will only reduce load for those
people.

It will also help for serving up the static content (image, style
sheets), provided you've configured apache to serve those up outside
of the mason code.  However there is so little of this it hardly seems
worth it, possibly unless you're serving up the static content using
the same mod_perl processes as the main app uses.